Monday, October 13, 2008

Photographic Genius

Tate got ahold of our camera last week and started snapping away. I think he possesses real talent, no?




There was another one that he took that was actually really cool, with the sunlight coming in through the windows in an unintentionally etherial way but the total right half of the shot was my crotch. In jeans of course, but crotch nonetheless. Not something people want to see.

In other news, I cleaned my house yesterday.

I'll sit here patiently while you pick yourself up off the floor.

Shocking, isn't it? Well, I shouldn't claim too much. I actually only cleaned the first floor. And I didn't vacuum the front office. Oh, and I didn't bother with the laundry room either. But I got tired of seeing the clumps of dog hair come rolling towards me with a definite air of evil. Those things were about to grow legs and a tail and become brand new dogs. Kinda gross. I spent 20 minutes shedding Spencer outside and when I was done the deck was literally covered in dog hair and Spencer was about 15 lbs lighter. Lighter, but still stupid. Too bad I can't scrape out the stupidity from his brain along with the hair from his back.

Nora's upstairs rolling around in her crib. She slept for 20 minutes. Again. She had being doing so well lately...napping 2 and 3 hours at a stretch. Of course I let myself get all excited, which was my stupid mistake. Once my kids realize that what they're doing is making my life easier and less stressful, they put a screeching halt to that activity right away. I'm sure Nora's up there thinking, "GOD, Mom's such a sucker. Hasn't she realized yet that sleep is the work of the Devil in this house? That's why I woke up at 11:30 last night, then again at 3:00 and finally at 6:00. Poor, gullible Mom. I really must train her better."

Yeah, Nora's been partying like it's April, 2008 around here. Constantly eating, never sleeping...it's like she's 6 days old instead of 6 months. It better freaking be a growth spurt or something. She's getting heavy lately, so I'm thinking it must be. What happened to my little slip of a baby that I could carry around without really noticing she was there? She's starting to rock the Rolls 'o Doom on her thighs, and I love it.

Ok, I suppose I should go get her and release her from prison. I mean her crib. It's all the same to her.

1 comment:

  1. Cooper wakes up like 3 times a night too and often times refuses to be transferred into his crib when he falls asleep in my arms. Arrrgggh! So aggravating. I feel your pain.

    Also, Tate is a fabulous photographer. I like his self portrait!

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to let it all out.