Monday, January 05, 2009

Are You Feeling Tired? A Bit Sluggish, Perhaps?

Then come and suck my family room carpet.

How's that for a random statement? Well, the reason I'm offering up my carpet for your sucking pleasure is that my dear daughter managed to upend an entire cup of coffee on it this morning. Now, I know that this is my fault. As those of you who personally know me are aware, I can usually be seen clutching a cup of coffee in my hand, desperately extracting every last ounce of caffeine out of it. Nora has obviously seen me with these cups of coffee many times and decided that it was time for her to be just like her mama. And who can blame the dear thing? Who wouldn't want to be like me? So, upon spying the full cup of cafe mocha I so brilliantly left on the floor next to the couch, she scuttled right over to it and attempted to pour it into her mouth. Unfortunately she really only managed to pour it all over her lap and the carpet. Don't worry, it wasn't hot. It was about an hour or so old.


Once I came back into the room from being gone for .05 seconds, I discovered the brown lake on my carpet and went into freak mode. We've only had the carpet for about 11 months and have narrowly escaped any huge, lifelong stains until this point. I grabbed the carpet spray stuff and dumped it all over the stain and started scrubbing madly. Ironically enough, the commercial playing on the TV as I was fervently and futilely scouring my carpet was the one for this thing:
Freakish, smug, uber-annoying gnat of a man: "Cola! Wine! COFFEE! Sham-wow works as a vacuum on your carpet!!!! Watch as it completely SUCKS the coffee out of this piece of carpet! It SUCKS right down to the bottom! You watching this, cameraman??"

Me: "SUCK THIS, BUDDY."


Tate came home with Eric in the middle of my scrubbing adventure, walked into the family room, assessed the situation, turned around and trotted back to me a minute later, cheerfully offering me a bottle of Windex. Because there there's nothing like a carpet with streak-free shine, is there? I thanked him for being so considerate, then jumped up to re-lock the cabinet under the sink where we keep the cleaning stuffm which I had very stupidly left wide open. Last thing I need is Tate trying to SoftScrub the inside of his nose or something.

Mom, I know you're reading this and hyperventilating but don't worry...I was very successful in my de-coffeeing adventure.


Also, I've decided that Nora no longer looks like David Cook with the hair and everything. No, now thanks to her latest hairstyle she bears an uncanny resemblence to this lovely fellow:
I gave birth to Gary Busey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to let it all out.