Wednesday, January 14, 2009

She's a Nut.

Nora, that is. A peanut. I just took her to her 9 month appointment and here are her stats:

Length: 27 1/2'' (45%tile)
Weight: 18# (41%tile)
Head: 46 cm (78%tile)

Ok, so she's not like freakishly small, just smaller than Tate ever was. I don't have his 9 month stats for some reason, but really all you have to do is like double whatever Nora's stats were and that was him. He was probably about 40 lbs at this point. Well, close, anyway.

But I'd like to proudly point out that although she's got a petite little frame, at least my girl is rockin' the Herculean head that we are just so proud of and famous for in my family. More room for brains, I say. Or just a really dense skull. Whichever.

Not much has been going on around here, hence the lack of blogging. Sorry. Well, there was yesterday, but that's one of those days I kind of tend to block out of my memory. Tate had been doing really well lately...being very polite, not hitting, kissing his sister, etc. I don't know how I keep falling for his evil plan, but I do. As soon as I start to believe we MIGHT be coming out of the "My Son is a Devil and Quite Mischevious, Which is a Word I'm Just Using Because I Love Him Too Much to Use a Different, More Accurate One" stage of our lives, BAM! He chucks me right back in.

We went to a playdate yesterday and while he wasn't horrible, he wasn't great either. Well, until he tried to push a kid down some steps. That went from not being quite horrible to crossing over into horrible-land. So we left. Then we had people over for dinner, and I just had a sinking feeling all day that it was not going to go well. I've learned that sinking feelings are usually there for a reason, and what do ya know, I was right. Having all these kids in his house just put Tate into overdrive. So many kids to hit! Where to start?? You could hear his little brain whirring and I kept expecting to see his eyeballs start spinning around in his sockets. He spent more time in his room than he did downstairs. Although I have to admit, sometimes I left him in there for a little longer than neccessary because it was just so...nice, having those 5 minutes to sit and not have to keep jumping up and pulling him off someone.

Oh well. My sanity is pretty much already gone. It was nice knowing it, but I'm not counting on being reacquianted with it anytime in the next decade or so. Although I've heard it's taken up residence in the Caribbean somewhere. Maybe I should go search for it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to let it all out.