Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hello World!

I think this may be it. I think the worst is over and Tate is slowly, sloooooowly returning to his human self. The demon may have left the building. I feel like I survived some gigantic nuclear holocaust or something, and am now stepping gingerly out into the sunlight, blinking dazedly and mumbling "Am I ok? Did I make it??" while patting myself down, feeling for bruises and broken bones.

Yeah, I'm what you'd call a survivor. It was a craptastic week but I think, think, we've gotten through the worst of it. I mean, sure we still have at least one daily tantrum, but if those ever stopped I would go right past thinking we survived a nuclear holocaust and go right into thinking we've just been blasted into some alternate universe where up is down and blue is green and people eat ink cartridges for dinner.

The worst part by far has been the kid's breath. Holy crap. They told us it would be a side effect but I kind of forgot about it til the morning he opened his mouth to speak and I swear I saw the flowers outside the window wilt and die. It's like something crawled into his mouth while holding a hot, sweaty penny, stuck poo in it's mouth, and then died while trying to dye it's butt hair with peroxide. I have never smelled such an odor. Thankfully, that seems to be regressing as well. Because for awhile there I'd have to stick my head out of a window and gasp desperately for air anytime he spoke. That didn't work too well while I was driving.

Hopefully this is the end of the fevers. Because if those suckers come back, I'll think I'll actually be hoping for a nuclear holocaust at that point.

Nora's well-timed sickness has abated as well. We of course just had to have a runny-poo-escaping-the-diaper-and-going-all-up-and-down-Mom's-arm episode first, but those are usually to be expected. Now she's running around cheerfully bellowing "Sis? Sat?" ("What's this?" and "What's that?" for those of you not schooled in the fine art of One Year Old-ese.) She also waves madly at anyone who happens to be passing by our house or car or shopping cart while peeping "Hi! HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! HI HI HI!!!". She finally seems to have gotten over her stranger anxiety and will now beeline towards any male presence within a 2 mile radius, demand to be picked up, and snuggle her head into their neck. We may have to work on that as well. Girl's gotta learn how to exude a little mystery.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there...I just found your blog and wanted to say hi because my daughter's name is Nora too and you don't see too many of those. Good luck..I will be sure to keep checking back.

    Katie
    http://www.neveroutgrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to let it all out.