Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Chugga Chugga Shoot Me

I'm watching Thomas the Tank Engine. For the 5th time this morning. It's pretty much on repeat around here. We got the bright idea to DVR a couple episodes on PBS so Tate could watch them whenever he wanted, or whenever I wanted 30 seconds to pee without someone trying to climb into the toilet bowl. Well, apparently Thomas is no longer playing on PBS so we can't record any new episodes, so we watch the same two episodes over and over and over. I'm tired of hearing about stupid Thomas and James and Percy (or "Pussy" as Tate calls him).

The worst is this creepy song that plays on one of the episodes. It's a chorus of British kids intoning "Patience is a virture, so it never hurts to, take a little time to seeeee", and it's very reminiscent to those dead twin girls in "The Shining". I just imagine a bunch of English brats in pinafores and buckled shoes with, like, no eyeballs, swarming around me as they chant "Don't get too excited, just try staying calm...GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE" (that's them chewing on my brain after they ripped it out of my head). I know, I'm disturbed. But this is what I think about when I'm lying in bed at night.

The funny thing that has come out of Thomas-mania is that now Tate says certain things with a British accent. He'll say " 'Allo, Tomas! 'Allo, Mum! 'Allo, Pops!" It's pretty freaking funny.

Yeah, we got the minivan. Town and County, light metallic blue. It's totally pimpin'. Remote start, automatic doors, two seperate DVD players, a hard drive for music, Sirius radio, etc etc. I still get a little shock when I go into my garage and see a middle-aged mom car in there but I'm slowling coming to terms with it.

What else...both kids have colds so there's a lot of screaming as I try to pry crusty boogers out of little nostrils. It's amazing the sense of satisfaction you feel after pulling out a nice big one. Ok, I'm making myself quesy here so enough of that.

I'm so excited...a bunch of girlfriends and I just got tickets for the Broadway preview showing of Dirty Dancing down in Chicago. Nobody freaking puts Baby in the corner. He had a dirty knife and a folding table. I'm going to sing I Feel Pretty, or What do the Simple Folk Do, or I Feel Pretty...Come on, hit me. Hit me right here.

Points for anyone who can tell me the context of all those quotes from the movie. No one will ever come close to the godliness perfection of Patrick Swayze, but I'm sure the play will still kick ass.

Well, Nora's up from her 35 minute nap. Gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to let it all out.