Tuesday, September 02, 2008

My Snotty, Phlegmy Little Girl

Poor Nora has her first runny nose. It's quite impressive, actually. The snot just pours out of her nose and keeps coming. For awhile there I was running for the Kleenex every 30 seconds, then I just got to the point where I would lift up the hem of her dress and wipe her nose off. What? I'm lazy. She doesn't care. Oh and, those snot sucker things? AWESOME. Nothing quite as satisfying as listening to the gurgle of snot getting sucked through a baby's nose into the big bulb thing. But it's not so fun squeezing the snot out of the snot sucker though...it kinda goes everywhere. My counter and cupboards are very shiny right now.

So, because of said runny nose, Nora does not sleep. At all. We were up from 9 pm til THE END OF TIME last night because she kept waking up. Eric finally brought her into bed with us, and then of course neither of us slept because it totally would have sucked to roll over onto her. When Tate sleeps with us, we don't have this problem because A) he would probably bite us if we did roll over onto him and B) he spends all night spinning around in bed and kicking us in the head, boob, gut, nads, what have you before settling into a horizantal position across the bed, thus forcing Eric and I to sleep while clinging to the edge of the bed.

Neither of us were in very good moods this morning. Nora, oddly enough, was extremely chipper. Thanks, babe.

I was very proud of Tater today, though. I took him to a playdate with my playgroup and he only pinched like 3 times. This is about 394354758673 fewer times than he used to pinch, hit, push, kick, bite, sum0-wrestle, body slam, etc, other kids. Progress is being made. Rock on, kid. The best moment of the day was when he would take little triangles of watermelon to all the other kids and just give them to these kids. I loved it. He was like Ghandi or something. Who else was a good sharer? Whoever you think of, he was like that.

My friend Jodi came over tonight. She totally rocks, mostly because she likes to drink like me. We're all about the Mama Juice. By Mama Juice I mean wine, rum, vodka, beer, cough syrup, rubbing alcohol, whatever. It's happy hour all day long around here, baby.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to let it all out.