Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Why Do I Bother?

I realized today that among the 4648572 things I need to do before Christmas, one of them is get our holiday cards ordered, which means I needed a good picture of the kids. Seeing as I have none of the both of them actually looking human together at the same time, I got the bright idea of bundling them up and taking them outside to take pictures in the 500 feet of snow that's been falling since yesterday.
Presenting Nora, aka the kid from A Christmas Story:

"I can't put my arms down!"

After a good 15 or 20 minuts of wrestling two kids into snowsuits, boots, hats, mittens, a frenzy, what have you, we were ready. And parents, just don't do that. Don't try and bundle two kids up on your own. You're all sweating, panting and ready to kill each other by the time it's done. But finally, we were ready to go frolic in the snow. Kodak moments were sure to abound, right?
Well...not really.

None of them are horrible, but they both seem to have some aversion to actually looking at the camera. I gave up after about 10 shots of them steadfastly refusing to cooperate and pulled them back home. It was a nice thought on my part. I'm just shocked that Tate didn't push his sister out of the sled. Maybe that could have been the photo. It would have been a pretty good representation of our everyday life.

9 comments:

  1. I really love the first one! I know she's not looking at the camera, but it's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think some of the best shots can be candid and not necessarily the subject focused on the camera. I hope you get the one you're looking for. That reminds me that I haven't even started trying to get our Christmas shot done. I'll see how getting my four coordinated, candid and looking human works out. I'm sure I'll be sweaty and irritated in the end too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute photos. Living in CA my kids have never bundled up like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:28 AM

    You should put those 3 picts on a card and a link to this story. You might get bottles of wine in the mail after the holidays from people who feel your pain?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think just keep your camera ready all the time, and maybe,you might get lucky and one day they will give you a decent pose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!! the first one is probably the best!
    That is really brave to bundle up two at those ages ;) My two are similar in age. My boy is 3 and my baby girl turned 1 in aug. This year was especially difficult in getting a picture with all four (we also have 11 and 12yr old girls)... lets just say this year's pic will not be the best ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:32 PM

    Hi there! I came over from The Mom Blogs. I absolutely love your blog! And yes the picture of you and the hubby...you do look unaware! But cute and unaware. ;O) The kiddos are too cute. Can I tell you that I NEVER sent out Christmas cards?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I am Michelle, a moderator from The Mom Blogs. I am enjoying your blog. I think the first picture is adorable. I am having the same card dilemma at the moment so I empathize. Hope to see you around The Mom Blogs. Stop by my blog when you have the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is too funny. Your children sound like mine. When I was trying to get a picture of all three of mine in their halloween costumes, it was a nightmare. I love the first picture. You get two thumbs up for even attempting. My son had a melt down because he did not want to wear his halloween costume. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to let it all out.