Sunday, July 27, 2008

And it's official...

...I'm old. No longer in my 20s. I'm kinda not feeling so excited about this. Where did my 20s go? What did I accomplish? Yeah, yeah, I got married, had two kids...but what BIG things did I accomplish?
No, I kid. My kids are the best work I've ever done. Eric's got his good moments, too. I've trained that boy well. It's an ongoing process, however.
So we had some friends over last night. Let me compare my 30th birthday to my 21st. When I turned 21, I had about a billion shots of various types of alcohol, got completely shitfaced, and made Eric walk me around my street for about 2 hours because I was convinced I would die if I sat down. But he couldn't touch me, because his hand was "too hot" and would sear my flesh off. I explained all of this to him through tears and snot as I blubbered on and on for no reason. Then he took my contacts out, brushed my teeth and tucked me into bed. I woke up a few hours later on the couch with no idea how I got there. My mom set out breakfast for me the next morning...cereal and a jumbo sized bottle of aspirin.
Last night, we got a keg, about 16 people came over, we sat on the deck and chatted and laughed, sat around the firepit for a bit, and people started drifting back home around 10. Gotta pay the babysitter, ya know. Gotta get up with the kids the next day. I crashed around 11. Woohoo, am I a night owl party animal. The thing is, I enjoyed last night more than my 21st. Maybe it's the fact I can actually remember what happened and I didn't spend an hour at the toilet shouting soup into it. God, I am old.
Oh well. Next weekend I'm going to Chicago with some girlfriends. Hopefully I can redeem myself then. We're all planning on consuming copious amounts of alcohol and staying up late. So in our case, that means about 1 am or so. Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to let it all out.