Sunday, July 13, 2008

Oh, my aching....

Lookie! Another entry! I told you guys! Well, all one of you that read this thing.

So last night I had my good friend Jodi escape the clutches of her two small children and come over to hang. We ordered wings, sat out on the back deck, discussed life...and killed two bottles of wine. Dead. And yes, we knew as we were doing it that it would be sorely regretted the next day, but just didn't care. I also exposed her to the famous firepit gathering in my neighborhood, so it was fun watching her watching my insane neighbors. The I went home and staggered merrily into bed to fall into a deep, restful sleep.
Until 5 o'clock this morning. That's the time my dear, sweet daughter decided to start squawking and yelling for me to come pour some formula down her throat. I obliged, like any good mother would, and as I stared into her bright, happy, awake eyes through my bleary, crusty, hungover ones, I realized this kid was going to be up for awhile. And she was. Till about 7, when she finally decided to cut poor hungover Mom a break and take a little snooze. I put her down in her crib and sprinted to bed where I fell asleep before my head hit the pillow. Now I'm feeling a little blah, but nothing I can't handle. Come on, I'm a pro. I think putting away a nice Mexican lunch with my friend Gina will help too. Mmmm....grease. My favorite food group.
I'm never drinking again. Well, not until next weekend anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Am I the one person reading?! I'm sure I'm not.

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to let it all out.