Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I Am Stomping

All over my house. I am stomping because I am crabby, whiny and deeply, deeply displeased. Irritated. Sulky. Vexed. I am doing my best to avoid stomping on my daughter, who, funnily enough, is the reason for my stomping in the first place.

I will explain by saying Tate is sleeping. As we all know, the only thing that usually can get Tate to take a nap is a little thing called pneumonia. And while the 4 hour naps were stellar, I really don't think it would be fair to prolong the sickness just to keep those going. So, usually, no naps. Today, however, there was a nap! Still is one, actually! It's been an hour! He fell asleep in the car and I got him upstairs, no fuss, no muss. I then skipped back downstairs to get Nora a bottle since it was her usual naptime and she had only slept for about 40 minutes this morning. I was about to be on Easy Street, baby.

Well, Nora is not napping. For she is not tired, not even a little drowsy. She performed an impressive repertoire of yodeling up in her crib for awhile, until I became afraid she might wake Tate and reluctantly went up to get her. She's currently crawling around on the floor gurgling and "babadadamama"-ing while I wistfully dream of an afternoon in some far-off fairy land where young children sleep and mommies get to sit down and eat lunch, maybe take a shower, all that mythical stuff.

ARGH. WHY DO I NOT GET A BREAK??????

Because really, after taking Tate and the two dogs to the vet this morning, I think I deserve one. If you were driving past my vet clinic and saw a woman holding the leash of a fat black idiotic dog and a little boy holding the leash of a little black idiotic dog who was currently running circles around the other three while the big dog tried to drag them all over to the snow so he could pee and then the little boy fell down while still holding on to his leash, refusing to let it go as he yelled and when the woman tried to pick him up, the fat black dog decided for the first time in like a year that he felt like running so he tried to run out in the street while the woman was holding his leash while trying to calm the little boy who had the other leash wrapped around his legs so he couldn't walk, and the woman's shoulder almost got dislocated when the fat black dog reached the end of the leash while running full speed, and then the little dog saw a cat come out of the vet and ran after it, yanking the little boy off his feet again, and then the woman's purse got knocked off the back of her van and all the loose change that she never puts in her wallet fell out all over the parking lot...yeah, that was us. I'm sure you got a good laugh out of it. I was about to ask for a nice chihuahua tranquilizer to guzzle or something when we finally got in there.

Plus I just feel really fat today. My butt is the size of...oh, let's say, Costa Rica. Not quite up to Canada proportions, but the size of a country just the same. Good thing I'm going to go celebrate Fat Tuesday with the kids and some friends in a bit. It's my very own, personal day! Freakin' laissez les bon temps rouler, y'all.


1 comment:

  1. advisory:
    They just made an upgrade on Blogger Following, Google Friends Connect are now being integrated to it. I have been using both features. To prevent any public humiliation on the users, Google set the settings of Blogger following to private. If you have noticed that I am not following you, I already fixed the followers issue.

    I hope that it will not affect our blogging relationship.
    Have a nice day!

    Make or Break

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to let it all out.