Thursday, March 26, 2009

Gordalien

OK, seriously? How old is this dude? He's been on Sesame Street for at least 25 years.I mean, the man must be at least 113. He looks exactly the same now as he did back in my Sesame Street-filled days. It's like he's an alien. The man will never, ever die. Do you think he uses Just For Men in his moustache? Cause that thing ain't changed a whit either. I would be inclined to think that every human on that show is a non-aging alien, but then I remembered that Mr. Hooper kicked the bucket a few years ago. Guess they hired him before they caught onto the whole aliens-never-age-but-like-to-sing-stupid-songs-with-vapid-annoying-children-and-can-be-hired-as-actors thing.



Tate's a big fan of Sesame Street (or "Sefase Street" as he eloquently puts it), in case you couldn't tell. But now, thanks to that damn technology thing, he's intent on fast-forwarding through all the episodes til we get to this demon spawn:

We have PBS On Demand so you can just pick an episode and fast forward to the good crap. Of course, Tate refuses to let me do it. So this is a rendition of what usually happens:

TV: "Can you tell me how to get, how to get to-"......silence silence (this is Tate fast-forwarding)...."ONE! TWO! THREE COOKIES"......silence silence

Tate: "ARGH! Where's Elmo??"

TV: "La la la l-".....silence silence (this is Tate fast-forwarding without realizing that he doesn't want to be fast-forwarding at this point since we're actually AT the Elmo segment)..."ding ding ding, ding ding ding...Bye bye, everyone! Elmo loves you!"....silence silence...

Tate: "Oh NO! Now I must rewind!"

TV:...silence. We are now at the end of the episode and in order to watch it again, you must press play. Not rewind. Tate is freaking adamant that the rewind button MUST BE PUSHED WITH ALL HIS MIGHT.

Tate: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

TV: "Sunny days, chasing the-"....this is the episode starting up again after Tate inadvertently begins it by either chucking the remote to the floor or banging it against the couch. Then he starts fast-forwarding again, so....silence silence....silence silence....silence silence..."Bye bye, everyone! Elmo loves you!"

Tate: "Noooooo!"

Me: "Tate! Just push play when I tell you to!"

Tate: "NOOOOO!!!!"

Yeah, pretty much repeat that scenario about 30 times and that's a typical hour at our house. I swear we end up actually watching Elmo for about 14 seconds out of a 60 minute period.

Oh, and Nora pretty much ate a toilet paper tube. That's good for her, right? Maybe it'll curb her fascination with cough drops, which I HATE because those bastards could totally choke the hell out of her, which freaks me out. She always manages to find the 3 ones in my bathroom drawer that are like 4 years old and pull them out while I'm in the shower. Those and some random panty liners. She likes to put those in her mouth and bumble around with them hanging out like a giant, white, absorbent tongue. Hey, man...whatever it takes to get me a shower.

2 comments:

  1. All the wonderful uses of a panty liner!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually just lurk here. I have to say that I about died laughing about the remark about the Sesame Street dude. I was also thinking he must be mighty old by now.

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to let it all out.