Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Give It a Score of 9.5

I took the kids to the grocery store yesterday.



I know, right? I'm an idiot.



I foolishly thought that since I had to buy like 3 things it would be a relatively painless trip. Ha. See my previous statement. Nora will NOT sit in the cart anymore. At ALL. EVER. GOD!!!! It's like she is this boneless little blob of goo that can maneuver out of any restraint I foolishly try to employ. I'm thinking I have no choice but to revert to trying duct tape. But that might ruin her clothes. Or, you know, result in a call to the CPS by some well-meaning citizen.



But yesterday we had the inevitable happen. I knew it was coming. Nora took a swan dive out of the cart. I was trying to pay for the groceries, hold on to Nora and keep Tate from taking all the plastic bags off the holder and eating them when she just...leaned over and went gunning for the floor. Head first. I had the back of her shirt loosely in my hand, and when I felt gravity starting to do it's thing, I tightened my grasp and watched her do this cool forward flip thingie. She then landed on her feet, I let go of her to finish bagging the groceries that I had been holding with my other hand, and she toddled off to go talk to the bag boy at the next aisle and tell him how totally remarkable her mom was. For a nose-dive straight to the linoleum floor, it was rather anti-climatic. The cashier looked at me with either disgust or impress and said "Wow, you didn't even flinch." I decided against telling her that compared to what goes on in our house on a daily basis, a leap out of a shopping cart really doesn't rate that high on my freak-o-meter.

Oh, and Tate peed on the potty again today. Time for Urination Celebration 2.0!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my God, that would have totally made my heart stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:52 AM

    Wow, you are Super Mom! My heart would have just stopped had that happened to me.

    Congrats to Tate on the potty!

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great reflexes Mom! You rock!

    And yeah that would have made my heart race for sure.

    My son also does not want to stay in the cart anymore, so its very challenging to take him anyway. So I usually chicken out and wait for my hubby to come home, if I can, before doing any errands so I can be kid-free.

    Ahh the joys of toddlerhood! ;)

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to let it all out.