Sunday, May 10, 2009

Who's Yo Momma

We had a nice weekend. Nothing too exciting, but there were really very few meltdowns, tantrums, chucking of large objects at other people's heads, moments of public humiliation, etc. That's a success in my book.

On Saturday we took the kidlets to a thing at Lambeau Field. It was just some event type...thing for kids. They got to do such things as...


...pet a goat and get really excited!



...and get tattoos and not be too sure about it!!


After that, I went in to work for an hour, and was so grateful to my client for being female, clean, and not a disgusting nasty old perv, I gave her like the best massage EVER. Because, you see, my last client before that did not give me those same considerations. I had my first true experience with a dirty old man in my massage room, and it was not cool. I have no desire to see a grandpa's schlong. Apparently he thought I was simply DYING to see it and proudly put it out on display. Barfo. But anyway. This female client on Sat tipped me $15. Clean people are awesome.

After that, we went to a bowling alley. Here's Tate bowling. He did it for a whole 8.5 minutes. Then we went into the game room and he threw an 8.5 minute fit because Eric told him he'd be able to get him a koosh ball out of the claw machine thingie and he couldn't. I don't know how on earth Eric ever thought he'd be smarter than the claw machine, but whatever.
My Mother's Day started with breakfast in bed. Breakfast in bed consisted of Tate tiptoeing into my room at about 8 am, thrusting a semi-stale cracker in my hand and whispering "Happy Birthday, Mommy. I love you", before scampering back out. It was the best cracker ever. After that we went to church where Nora discovered the joy of slamming the kneelers against the floor and Tate randomly yelled out "Luke! EMMMMILLLLLIEEEE!!!!" at the most quiet times of the service. He did not actually see Luke and Emilie at Mass, he must have just been remembering some awesome time with them or...something.
Then we had brunch, came home, I put Nora down for a nap, Tate and Eric left to go watch baseball in a bar (yes, really. We take our 3 year old to bars. So what.) and I gave myself the best Mother's Day present ever, which was a nice long nap on the couch. It was kickass.
Somehow, though, I still had to clean up the kitchen. I mean, it had been like 3 days, so it was kind of dire. I had SPECIFICALLY been holding out on cleaning up until today rolled around because there was no way I would be made to actually clean on my day, right? Wrong. Sigh. Oh well, I'll just return the favor and make Eric scrub the toilets on Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to let it all out.