Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Whoo-Hoo!

So, this guy is awesome.


Yay! Way to go, B-to-the-O! You (Ba)Rock! Yeah, I know that's not how you spell his name but I was just trying to make it work. Anyway, I'm not a very political-y person and this is not a political-y blog, so that's all I'm going to say about that.





And this guy? Rocks my world.

I went to his concert last night and it was pretty fab. Well worth the freaking 6 month wait. He was supposed to play in early September, but got laryngitis and rescheduled. Well, then he wasn't fully recovered or some crap so he rescheduled AGAIN. I almost cried. I was just waiting for him to finally take the stage last night and then fall off during the first song and break a hip or something.
Let me just say, you know it's going to be a good concert when you're walking up to the venue and see that 95% of the concertgoers have grey hair, hearing aids, and/or a bottle of Ensure tucked in their back pocket. People were buzzing past us on their wheelchairs and those little motorized scooter things to get in the door. Then we sat down and realized that classical music was playing over the speakers. If that don't get you in the mood to rock, nothin' will.
The concert was great, though. And you know how I know it was a successful experience? I got complained about to an usher. Yep, God forbid you stand up at a concert! And sing along! And shout "I love you Neil! I want to have your baby, Neil! Neil Diamond Forever!!" Your standard stuff. But apparently the two people in front of us who just sat there like lumps the whole time were not impressed. Oh well. That's what you get for swigging ReadyFiber instead of beer.

It was worth only getting 4 hours of sleep last night. Neil rocks my world.



1 comment:

  1. Glad it was a fun time! That is so funny that you were the trouble maker at the concert.

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to let it all out.