Sunday, August 10, 2008

Oh, Honey, by the Way....

So I was chillin' with Eric today by the pool at my parents house down here in B-town (That's Bermuda to you folks) and suddenly realized something. I looked at him and said, "Oh, honey...by the way...happy anniversary." He looked at me and said "Right back at ya." Then he jumped up to stop Tate from drinking pool water out of an old cup sitting on the ground. Ah, love.

So I guess that's how it goes once you have kids, huh? Who has time to sit and reminisce about the happiest day of their lives, the day where a shlub of a guy finally gets the beautiful, mysterious, desirable girl? (Well, that's our situation anyway. Don't blame me if it's not yours). 6 years and two kids later I can't imagine my life any other way. I mean, who doesn't want their days filled with screaming kids, poopy diapers and fighting off your desperate husband who just want's a little somethin' somethin' at the end of the day?

Eric and I met when we were 17. I had a party when my parents were out of town and told my friend Dan to bring over a couple friends. I was looking for a prom date and not above getting help. Eric came in and that was it. Honestly. I saw him and knew my life was going to change. Pretty heavy stuff for a 17 year old. So we went to my prom, his prom, and then he left for the Naval Academy. Then I didn't see him again for 3 months. Good times, good times.
Somehow we made it through college long-distance, moved in together in Charleston, SC, and I started nagging him about a ring. I just wanted the ring, man.

So one night, as we were laying in bed watching "Malcolm in the Middle", Eric got up, went into the bathroom, lit a couple Glade candles (for ambiance, don't ya know) and brought out a ring. He did all this during a commerical break. We really liked that show, what can I say. He knelt down by the bed, popped the question, I cried, and that was that. Oh, we were naked at the time. I like to throw that in there just to make the story more interesting.

A year and a half later, here we were:
Photobucket
Photobucket

I know, we're so hot. Anyway, the past 6 years have been crazy, fun, irritating, awesome, annoying, and the best of my life. Love ya, honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to let it all out.